- The activity is making traineeship of a student, who is enrolled in higher education, in an enterprise abroad.
- "Traineeship" is the process of a beneficiary participating in the program to receive vocational training and/or working experience in an enterprise or organization in another participant country.
- The traineeship activity cannot be used for making studies such as research homework or analysis studies related to academic studies made within the scope of a specific education program.
- The traineeship activity is gaining practical working experience of a student in the area that the student is taking education. The traineeship activity is not expected to be mandatory for the diploma program of the student. Yet, the economic sector to be interned should be a sector related to the current vocational education program of the student.
- The studies that the student makes for completing or supporting his/her own scientific studies, scientific researches and projects cannot be accepted as traineeship activity.
- To be accepted as a traineeship activity, these activities should be carried out as a professional activity having an economic payoff in the related sector, not within the scope of academic studies.
- The activity period is between 2 and 12 months for being valid separately for each learning stage.
- Students in their learning education period can carry out traineeship activity in every grade, and final year students can carry out traineeship activity within 12 months following their graduation.
- The application of the student for a traineeship activity, which will be carried out after graduation, should have been made before graduation (while he was in the second grade for the associate degree program, and at the fourth grade for the undergraduate program).
- Graduated students cannot apply.
- In case the institution to be interned abroad is a higher education institution, the work to be done will not be a learning activity, but gathering practical working experience in the units of the institution towards its general management.
- The traineeship activity for the purpose of academic study cannot be carried out.
The below-mentioned institutions are not appropriate for the traineeship activity within the scope of Erasmus+:
- European Union institutions and EU agencies
- National Agency carrying out EU programs and similar institutions
PERIODS IN STUDY MOBILITY
- Minimum and Maximum Periods for a Single Activity are carried out in accordance with the minimum and maximum periods determined by the European Commission.
- The minimum period for study mobility is full 3 months and the maximum period is full 12 months. -The minimum period for traineeship mobility is full 2 months, and the maximum period is full 12 months.
- The activity period should be carried out uninterrupted. Semester breaks and official holidays cannot be considered as interruption in study mobility.
LIMIT OF THE TOTAL ACTIVITY PERIOD
- The student mobility periods of a student in the same learning stage (undergraduate, graduate, Ph.D.), if applicable the student mobility period made in the period of Lifelong Learning Program and the student mobility period in Erasmus+ period, cannot exceed 12 months in total. The total periods of student mobility activities made in the same learning stage, even though a grant was not given, should be planned as not to exceed 12 months.
- When the student completes his/her education in the current learning stage and moves to a new learning stage (completing undergraduate education and starting to graduate education), it is possible to carry out a new mobility up to 12 months at most at the new learning stage. Therefore, it is possible for the same person to carry out mobility up to 36 months at most, for being up to 12 months at most at every learning stage.
- A part of this mobility can be education and a part of it can be traineeship. However, if this is the case, the minimum limits of this mobility should be respected.
- In the subject areas, where two stages are combined and two stages are completed in one stage (such as Medicine Education), the total activity period is 24 months.
Students should meet the following minimum requirements to participate in the activity.
- The student should be a full-time student at any of the formal education stages (first, second or third stages) and enrolled in a higher education program within a higher education institution.
- The cumulative academic grade point average of second and third-grade students should be at least 2.50/4.00.
- The cumulative academic grade point average of first-grade students should be at least 2.20/2.00
- For the study mobility: Having a sufficient number of ECTS credit burden
- If s/he benefited from activities at the present learning stage, the total period should not exceed 12 months.
Evaluation criteria and weighted points are such:
Academic success level: 50%
Language level: 50% (Over a total of 100 points)
For disabled students (provided that disability is documented) + 10 points
Benefiting previously (with or without grant): -10 point
Participating in mobility where being a citizen: -10 point
- The transcript of the student should meet the minimum requirements at the application stage.
- In the determination of the grade point average, the latest transcript of the student is used.
- While using the up-to-date transcript issued by the higher education institution of the student (where the elections are made) is the rule, the students, who apply in the first semester of the higher education institution at the graduate or Ph.D. level when a transcript at that institution has not come into existence yet, use the graduation grade they received in the prior higher education stage.
- Similarly, grade point averages (received from prior higher education institution) of the students, who are transferred from other higher education institutions through undergraduate transfer or external transfer and not having a transcript in that higher education institution that will make the selection, are taken into consideration.
The countries where student mobility activities can be carried out are divided into 3 groups, and monthly study and traineeship grants are determined for country groups. Country groups and monthly grant amounts that will be given to the students going to those countries are taken place in the following table:
Country Groups According to the Cost of Living
Host Countries in Mobility
Monthly Study Grant (Euro)
Monthly Traineeship Grant (Euro)
1st and 2nd Group Program Countries
United Kingdom, Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Sweden, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Germany, Austria, Belgium, France, Greek Cypriot State, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Malta, Portugal, Greece
3rd Group Program Countries
Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey
*Students are not provided additional support for round trip tickets between program countries for study and traineeship mobility.
CALCULATION OF PERIOD AND GRANT
- The activity periods and grants of students are inferentially calculated before the activity starts.
- Final periods and grants are determined again after the activity ends.