Istinye University was established as a private university comprising of two faculties and a vocational school in 2015 and, accepted its very first students in the 2016-2017 academic year. As a newly founded university, it is structured according to the Bologna Process principles. The whole curriculum and programs are designed in accordance with European higher education organizations. And thus, a student-oriented education approach has been adopted.
By establishing the required mutual communication conducted by Erasmus department coordinators which are selected from experts’ pool for each department, the agreement process has started. In this way, priority will be given to the partners who have relevant departments as the programs in our university and who are able to open lessons in English as the language of instruction. We do not have any specific field preferences, we target to cooperate with the countries that are developed and still developing.
Additionally, we are selecting our partners with the help of experience and multidirectional, professional backgrounds of our founder instructors. Beyond all these, we inspect our partners’ web sites and contact their responsible party who explains the mobility procedures, and thus, we analyze their course catalogs. Our target groups for mobility activities are students who study at cycles like associate degree, undergraduate degree and postgraduate degree and, academic and administrative staff.
Our goal is to provide individuals better abilities and employability proficiencies, develop adaptability to new circumstances and enhance their own higher education levels to meet the market requirements in the future and thus empower the qualification.
In a similar way, educational resources, new learning, and teaching techniques, experiences might be shared and, useful applications might be popularized to gather the knowledge of academicians and to promote teaching mobilities. For this purpose, we plan to enrich our curriculums by aiming to develop mutual programs with our partners.
We are quite aware of our mission to increase the quality of higher education. In this respect we provide the adoption of the following issues.
- To obey the principles of nondiscrimination and to provide equal opportunities to all the participants who come within mobilities.
- To provide full recognition for the study and traineeship mobilities accomplished successfully.
- To provide the study and traineeship mobilities that are accomplished successfully to take place at the final certificate the student's acquirements are registered.
- Not to demand any fee from the incoming students for the lessons, registration, examinations, laboratory, library, etc.
- To publish the course catalog at the website and update it regularly.
- To ensure that the learning agreement is only made in a determined framework or signed previously, and within the mobility for the staff to attend.
- To ensure the outgoing participants are well prepared for the mobility.
- To provide support to incoming and outgoing participants for obtaining visa when necessary.
- To provide support to incoming and outgoing participants for insurance affairs when necessary.
- To provide guidance to the incoming participants to get residence permit.
- To ensure equal treatment to its own students & staff and incoming participants
- To integrate the incoming participants to daily life at the organization
- To prepare suitable guidance and support services to the participants
- To provide suitable language support to the incoming participants
- To provide full recognition to the mobilities on condition that the mobilities are accomplished successfully by the students
- At the end of the mobility period, to provide the transcripts showing the success of the incoming participants in time and correctly.
- To provide integration to the organization for the participants who benefit from the activity.
- To provide full recognition to the staff who are benefited from the mobilities performed.
On Scope of Visibility
- To enable the ECHE and Erasmus Policy Declaration published in the organization’s web site.
- To promote the activities supported by the program and their outputs incessantly.